Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Child Passenger Safety Week!

September 14th - September 20th is Child Passenger Safety Week.


Did you know that 9 out of 10 parents with kids ranging from ages 4- 11 are moved from a booster seat to a seat belt before they are ready?

Do you know about car seat safety?

Did you know that most car seats are installed improperly?

Did you know that car seats expire or if your seat is involved in a crash, you will need a new one?

Did you know that wearing a winter coat in a car seat changes how the straps fit?

Did you know that you are not suppose to fully submerge the straps in water?

I didn't.

My 2 month old daughter recently threw up in her car seat. Poor thing soaked her clothes, the straps, and that stinky liquid filled ever crack and crevice in her Eddie Bauer car seat. And what do I do? I naturally throw everything in the sink to soak in oxy-clean ( every new mommy's life saver) and then into the washing machine. I felt like it was a job well done... until I read this blog on the 11 deadly mistakes. 

Uh-oh. Mommy fail! How did I not know about washing the straps? So I asked around and found out I wasn't the only one in the office who had no clue about submerging the straps as a safety no no. The only one who knew was our Safe Kids Tech, Tina ( Way to go, Tina!)

Now, with new straps ordered and a quick trip to the Safe Kids website. I know that I have done all that I can to make sure my daughter is safe in the car. 

If you would like more information, check out the website. 

Are you curious about your car seat or booster seat? Please join us at the Lowe's Safety day on September 27th from 10am -2pm. Safe Kids of Cleveland County will be there for a safety check - more info


No comments:

Post a Comment